Starting Up GPS.Net 2.0

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Ho Jon,
Thank you for making GPS.Net public.
However, with the tiral license code I got evertything working. With the public code I experience problems.
This is what I did: I created in VS2008 a new Windows Mobile 5 CF3.5 project and I added the component NmeaInterpreter in the Toolbox.  (By the way, where can I find the other components Altimeter, Clock, Compass, GPSDeviceCombobox, SatelliteSignalBar, Satellite Viewer, Speedometer?). Then I created a form and added the NmeaInterpreter, named it Intepreter and added some code. So far so good.
I am a (not so experienced) VB user and my project is now blocking becasue during debug execution I get an error with the following statement:
      Interpreter.BaseStream =New GpsStream()
Error: There is no source code available for the current location.
When I rightclick in the code on GpsStream I get in the object browser an overview of alle the components where I also see {}Geoframework.IO+GpsStream. 
What can be wrong?

Thanks for your reponse.
Andre 

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I found the solution. It was an easy fix. Just stopping and starting VS solved the problem. :-)

May 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I'm having same problem. Programming in VB2008. My app worked fine with the trial version but now it's broke with open source version. I'm looking for the compiled controls that I can just drop into the toolbox without crashing. Can you help?

May 21, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Hi Anthony,

The GPS.Net software gave me a headache so I decided to build the whole GPS software myself.

Attached you find a demo application that works, however, it is very basics.

I hope that this will guide you in the needed direction

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Andre Cossee

COSAND Consultancy

Tel: +31(0)651150840

Van: anthonydw [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Verzonden: vrijdag 21 mei 2010 9:41
Aan: andre.cossee@cosand.nl
Onderwerp: Re: Starting Up GPS.Net 2.0 [gps2:64109]

I'm having same problem. Programming in VB2008. My app worked fine with the trial version but now it's broke with open source version. I'm looking for the compiled controls that I can just drop into the toolbox without crashing. Can you help?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (gps2@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email gps2@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM

As far as I know there is no current binary release, you will need to compile the source for your platform.

There are a number of disucssions and issues relating to the controls crashing Visual Studio - I had the same problem and found an easy fix: See my last comment for the GPS 3.0 issue http://gps3.codeplex.com/workitem/8506?ProjectName=gps3 The problem is that the ToPointF function calls itself recursively causing a stack overflow when the controls are used.

This problem seems to haunt the GPS2.0 and 3.0 forums regularly...

Hope this works for you.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:07 AM
Edited Dec 26, 2011 at 5:07 AM

hi all..

i face the same problem that you all stated above.

my problem is:
my lecturer give me his source code that created at year 2007 by using GPS.NET 2.0. with pocket pc se 2003, using visual studio 2005. When i using visual studio 2008 to open the source code, it only need me to convert version, after i convert it, it is work. (the program run smoothly without error)

For my case is, i need to convert all the thing in window mobile 6 professional ( i copy the same code, include the free trial license) by using visual studio 2008,
it comes to an error: as me to provide the free trial license key.

my question is:
how can i solve this license key problem? 

kindly advice. 
its quite urgent for my final year project.
thanks

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM

hi all, 
i try another way, that is i download the "GeoFramework.PocketPC.dll" (release Binaries) and add in the reference.

but after i add the reference it come to two error;

Reference required to assembly 'GeoFramework.PocketPC, version1.4.50727.7, Culture = neutral, PublicKey Token= 3ed3cdfdda3400' containing the defination for event 'Devices.DeviceDetectionExceptionOccured'.Add one to your project. 
Reference required to assembly 'GeoFramework.PocketPC, version1.4.50727.7, Culture = neutral, PublicKey Token= 3ed3cdfdda3400' containing the defination for event 'NmeaInterpreter.PositionChanged'.Add one to your project. 
kindly advice what i am going to do next?
i have no idea with it. please help me
thanks a lot